Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chemical facial peels: Which is better: Glycolic acid (10%) vs Modified Jessner (14%)?

I'm considering one of these to treat light-mild scarring and hyperpigmentation, but I've heard that the Jessner peel (and pretty much all chemical peels actually) can cause hyperpigmentation to worsen in some cases. Thoughts? Keep in mind that the two options I am considering are relatively low in acid concentration (10% and 14%). Anyone had either one of these? I'll just be getting one treatment (not a series).Chemical facial peels: Which is better: Glycolic acid (10%) vs Modified Jessner (14%)?
I had the Glycolic acid I think it was 10 or 15 maybe...





I honestly never heard of the jessner peel! but the glycolic acid peel will get rid of the pigmentation...





Hey if your only going to get one treatment..depending on the mild scarring and hymperpigmentation you have..u might want to go one that is higher...





My mom had the 25% done..she burned burned burned..but her skin afterwards was like baby's skin..it looked really really goodd...U might want to go for 15% that's the medium one soo





Ask your deramatologist he'll have a better idea on what will get rid of them!

1 comment:

  1. The acidic content of Chemical Peel determines how to use it for various facial treatments.

    ReplyDelete